In order to access this content, please sign in with your MyKarger account or register.
The Indispensable Reference
The International System for Human Cytogenomic Nomenclature (ISCN) is an indispensable reference volume for human cytogeneticists, molecular biologists, technicians, and students for the interpretation and communication of human cytogenomic nomenclature.
With ISCN Online you always have an updated copy of the ISCN at your disposal.SEE HIGHLIGHTS SEE ACCESS OPTIONS
What's New in ISCN 2020?
- Due to the increased use of technologies such as microarray and sequencing which orientate chromosomes by nucleotide number from pter to qter, the Committee decided to standardize this approach across all technologies, including banded chromosomes.
- It was decided to present sex chromosome abnormalities before those affecting autosomes for all technologies.
- The nomenclature now also clarifies whether rearrangements are inherited intact or partially as a derivative.
- Finally, the Committee identified the needs for specific nomenclature to the analysis of polar bodies, and to improve the existing nomenclature based on sequencing technologies.
The recent pandemic has made work from home for many of us the default work place. It is therefore practical to have ISCN online and available anytime and everywhere.
- Extended with the content of the Human Genome Variation Society nomenclature, making chapter 16 of ISCN more comprehensive.
- Interact with the authors of ISCN and the community in the forum.
- Errata from the editors displayed in line with the online text.
- Search engine that makes access to the text easier to practitioners.
- The latest nomenclature changes from the previous ISCN edition highlighted.
- Access to all previous ISCN editions for consultation purposes.
- Supplemented with tools helping the ISCN specialists in their daily work.
About ISCN 2020 Online
The International System for Human Cytogenomic Nomenclature (ISCN) offers standard nomenclature that is used to describe any genomic rearrangement identified by techniques ranging from karyotyping to FISH, microarray, various region-specific assays, and DNA sequencing.
Suggestions from the international cytogenetics community have been reviewed by the Standing Committee, an international group of experts- nominated and elected by their peers.
Is the ISCN 2020 Online Identical to the Print Edition?
- Yes, both contain exactly the same text.
- The online version text will stay identical with the latest printed version, guaranteeing no versioning or confusion between the online and printed edition.
- The HGVS nomenclature will follow the latest guidelines available at:
How to Access ISCN Online
Join ISCN Online by activating it via your MyKarger Account. You only need an access code or an active subscription.
Take out your personal subscription and join ISCN Online by choosing the product that fits you best.
Have an active subscription?
Need Help Accessing ISCN Online?
If you have questions regarding your account or how to access ISCN Online contact our Front Office:Contact our Front Office.